Many companies are jumping on the ‘Try Me Free’ wagon in the hope of attracting more people to convert to regular users of their goods.
You simply purchase the specific product, keep the receipt handy and then apply for your refund directly from the company (normally paid back in the form of a cheque or even real coins on occasion – how old school). Refunds normally arrive within 28 days but from experience, some manufacturers need a bit of chasing and can take a bit longer.
Each company has its own set of ‘rules’ that you will need to comply with in order to get your money back. Be sure to follow these rules precisely or it could prove tricky to get your money back. Generally speaking, the terms are normally fairly straight forward though, so these promotions can result in some useful freebies!
Always make a note of the closing date for claims and read all of the small print on the packaging (so tiny, usually only visible to Borrowers!).
If you haven’t yet seen any of these products in your local supermarket, they come in a few guises. The first way to partake in one of these offers is by looking out for special promotional packaging. This is normally a banner on the packaging, or neck collar on bottles stating that it’s a try me free product. Secondly, you can take advantage of money back guarantees if you aren’t totally satisfied with your purchase.
I am fairly late to the ‘Try Me Free’ party but have already successfully taken part in a few promotions from brands including Kinder Buneno, Dairylea, Fairy Platinum and Ariel Stain Remover to name a few.
Current promotions to keep an eye out for are:
- Quorn Chefs Selection Ready Meals – closes 28/02/2013. The 3 Quorn Chefs Selection 340g microwave ready meals in this promotion are – Tikka Masala, Sweet & Sour and Mexican Chilli. This offer is available in Sainsburys, Waitrose, Morrisons and Asda. Your claim must be received by Quorn within 14 days of the date of the receipt.
I have already taken advantage of this one!. I had to send off part of the promotional packaging & write a short statement about the product. It took around 2-3 weeks for me to receive my cheque.
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce – closes 31/03/2013. This one requires you to send back the promotional collar provided. Second class postage will be refunded also.
- Ozkleen 500ml trigger pack (Bath, Kitchen or Carpet Power 500ml Trigger) – Money Back Guarantee - no closing date. See here for more details.
- Listerine 21 Day Challenge - closes 30.06.13. If after 21 days of using Listerine Total Care Mouthwash twice a day everyday, you are not satisfied with it, you need to write to Listerine 21 Day Challenge Money Back Guarantee. Full details are found here.
- The Ristorante Best Pizzeria Taste Guaranteed- closes 30th September 2013. Here is what they say “We’re so confident that Ristorante is the best pizzeria taste this side of Naples, we’re willing to give you your money back if you don’t agree”. The claim form is just here.
Please let me know in the comments below of any ‘Try Me Free’ successes you have had or any other current promotions to look out for.