Oh my gawd! I have just experienced my first ever major Boots sale and I think my body has gone in to shock. I’m comforting myself with crumpets laden with Nutella. It’s helping. My aim was to get in and get out with:
- Gifts sorted for my family/friends for most of the year
- Get enough toiletries to see me through the year (namely Soap & Glory which I love)
- Pick up some gift sets for the Thorpe Hall Hospice ‘Gift Amnesty’ which is a cause very close to my heart.
Well let me tell ya folks, I had no idea what I had let myself in for! Let me show you what I picked up (with a friend so his purchases are included in this too) and then I will tell you the grim realities.
So you can get an idea of the reductions on offer, I got:
- Soap & Glory ‘Girl-O-Whirl’: WAS £ 40.00, NOW £12
- Soap & Glory Facetime: WAS £25.00, NOW £7.50
- Champneys Complete Home Spa set in Vanity Case: WAS £50.00, NOW £15.00
- Joules horse bag with body wash and soap: WAS £16.00, NOW £4.80
- Ted Baker Heaven Scent Perfume set: WAS £15.00, NOW £4.50
- No7 Skin Care Collection: WAS £16.00, NOW £4.80
- Fearne Cotton Hat Box: WAS £10.00, NOW £3.00
Even though I knew this years’ sale had received lots more publicity than in previous years (It’s normally 75% too), I wasn’t quite prepared for how busy and overwhelming the whole thing was. I arrived at my local Boots 5 minutes after it had opened. It was RAMMED and already, many of the shelves had been cleared by families who were treating this as a military exercise. I kid you not! Take a look at the pictures below. One guy had 7, yes 7 trolleys FULL of gift sets and his wife was sprinting around the shop grabbing everything she could carry – Multiple times. Apparently this gent is a regular at these sales and sells the gifts on his market stall. Also, families had taken bin liners along and blocked off whole aisles as they swept the shelves clear. MADNESS! It makes me think Boots should impose some kind of limit per customer but I’m not sure even that would deter these ‘sales professionals’.
I was pushed and elbowed more time than I care to remember but seemingly this is the norm for these sales now which is a shame. I had saved up my Boots Advantage Card points throughout the year to buy this little lot and didn’t end up parting with any ‘real’ cash.
If you cant get to your local, you can try your luck online here.
Did you hit the 70% off sale today? What was your experience?