Over-shoulder boulder holders, puppy blankets, flopper stoppers, whatever you call them, they are a necessary evil. Oooh bra’s, you have been the bane of my life since I was 11.
When I first spotted the ‘Comfort Bra‘ in Poundworld many moons ago, I didn’t really give them a second look. I had assumed they would be poor quality, ugly and give little to no support. I was wrong on a few points.
7 years ago, I had an operation on my stomach (long story). Post-op, I had to wear a bra, not dissimilar to these ones as I wasn’t allowed to wear under wires or anything that would aggravate my stitches. Those bra’s in question cost me £30 each! Not cheap but it was all I could cope with. They offered ‘medium’ support I’d say but you wouldn’t see me running around the place in them for fear of black eyes! Picking up one of these £1 bra’s took me right back to those days.
- Super soft against the skin making them comfy to wear all day with nothing digging in.
- Stretchy fabric, so forgiving for larger sizes.
- Seamless, so great for under clothing.
- Great for post-op or sore boobies.
- Sizing is pretty sketchy. Medium (dress size 8-10), Large (12-14) or XL (16-18) are the only sizes available.
- Minimal support.
- Colour range isn’t great but hey, they covered the 3 staples (Black, White and Nude).
- Eerrrmm, they are a tad unattractive. Not one for wooing!
Overall, I think these bras are pretty darn good. For £1, they are worth a shot and for women who hate wearing under-wires, they are worth checking out. Poundworld have also released a ‘sexy’ bra (also pictured above) but I could see myself spilling out of that in no time so wont even go there!
Have you tried these, or other pound shop bras? What did you think?